Patch

Thursday, May 26, 2005

 

Some Interesting Reading

http://www.bobharris.com/

Compulsive executive secrecy, lies to Congress, elective war in defiance of virtually the entire world, nationalized surveillance databases, imprisonment without trial, torture without accountability, reporters on the White House payroll, elections with no paper trail, and dozens of other concepts complete alien to any basic understanding of what America is supposed to be have all become a part of the daily landscape


Onward Christian Soldier
http://www.thismodernworld.com/weblog/mtarchives/week_2005_05_15.html#002183


http://www.progressive.org/blogs05/rc052305.php
The distance between American ideals of freedom, due process of law, and democracy and the reality of the torture chambers has grown into a gaping wound.
The revelations keep coming.
We can't ignore them, or blame the media, or pretend these accounts that keep piling up are mere aberrations.
It's time for a full-scale investigation not just of particular instances of torture and the American personnel directly involved, but of the directors of policy at the highest levels who continue to perpetrate these crimes.

Patches
Comments:
Patches, thanks for the link. Maybe I'm taking all of this too seriously, but I really am getting a feeling of hopelessness and impending doom!

I sometimes think of people like Rob who served his country with honor and dignity!I often wonder if people like him feel a "hurt" from seeing where our country is heading. I know I do !! I get really angry sometimes. Often, I try to ignore it , but I find that it is a "natural" emotion that I cannot control!!!It's not because I feel that I will lose out in some way, it's more a feeling of outrage because innocent people are being used and taken advantage of!!
 
It was good to read the onward Christian soldier article. Sometimes, one might forget that Christianity doesn't necessarily equal right winged nut!!!I wonder how many Christians feel the same way the commenter does, but are intimidated into going along with the foolish rhetoric?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   December 2005   February 2006   March 2006   September 2006   December 2006   January 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?